Touch for Health is a holistic approach that teaches students how to restore a body’s natural energies. It is a practical approach that uses acupressure, touch, and massage, to help improve posture, and to reduce physical and mental pain.
Who should take Touch for Health workshops?
Touch for Health workshops are meant for people who want to feel better, and for those who want to help others feel better. Knowledge of anatomy or physiology is helpful, but not necessary. Touch for Health complements, and can be used in conjunction with, many other healing modalities. It can also be used alone.
- Professionals: The workshops are ideal for Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Reflexologists, Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, Herbalists, Nutritionists, Doulas, EFT Practitioners, Naturopaths. Read information on CE credits for health professionals here.
- Parents: Dr. Thie wrote the curriculum with both the professional and layperson in mind, and desired that at least one person in every family know these techniques. Terri says, “As a parent raising my kids, I don’t know what I would have done without Touch for Health. As a therapist, it has been an invaluable tool for enhancing my practice.”
There are a total of four 16-hour workshops that build upon one another. You may take one, two, three or all four. After completing only one level, you can use these powerful skills immediately!
What You Will Learn:
- How to quickly assess muscle function through quality muscle testing.
- Meridian/muscle correlations and make sense of why some muscles are problematic.
- How to instantly strengthen weak muscles — the underlying cause of most muscle tension resulting from compensation.
- Specific skills to identify and release emotional stress.
- Nutritional correlations for specific muscles and how to identify foods that trigger negative muscle reactions.
- A wide variety of correction techniques that work with the opposing muscle theory to release chronic muscle issues.
- The Chinese Five Elements Theory and how to apply it to balancing muscles.
- How to release stress around life issues with sound, color, movement, and emotional corrections that also have a positive impact on muscle balance and attitude.
- Work gentler and less labor intensively to benefit both you and the client, and get even longer lasting results.
- Unlock muscle memory from traumatic and chronic injuries in one session.
- Learn simple reflex skills that you can teach your clients to do in between sessions to manage their pain and improve performance.
- Release muscle cramps and tight neck muscles in a matter of seconds.
- Integrate meridian-based techniques to alleviate acute and chronic pain quickly.
- Learn skills that you can use on yourself regularly for stress and pain relief.
Workshops Northeast Healing Arts Offers
Intro to Touch for Health: 4 Hours / Offers 4 CE’s
Ideal for the individual wanting to get a feel for what Touch for Health is before registering for a longer workshop. In this four-hour workshop you will be introduced to Muscle Testing Basics, three Pain Relief Techniques, an Introduction to the Chinese Meridian System, and how to balance the body’s muscle system and energy fields.
Also included is Cross Crawl Integration: a method to reduce mental confusion and directional switching.
Read more about it here.
Touch for Health Levels 1 – 4: 16 Hours / 16 CE’s Per Level
Earn 16 CE’s and discover how to improve posture and flexibility, enhance energy levels, and successfully regulate emotions and anxiety. Master muscle testing, meridian massage, and auricular therapy techniques. You’ll even learn effective methods to determine food sensitivities! Touch for Health will help you achieve real, long-lasting results.
Read about the techniques here.
The Complete Touch for Health Synthesis
Touch for Health’s complete training is 64 hours, and includes Levels 1 – 4, Metaphors, Proficiency Skills Review, and Assessment. Training is based on Dr. John Thie’s book, Touch for Health: The Complete Edition, which outlines a holistic approach for balancing the entire body’s energy systems.
Dr. Thie’s vision was that there would be one person in every family who knew how to use Touch for Health. His book and courses have been taught in over 60 countries and translated into many languages. To the delight of his students, the material is user-friendly for the layperson, as well as the professional.