Touch for Health is a holistic approach that teaches students how to restore the body’s natural energies. It’s a practical approach that uses acupressure, touch, and massage, to help improve posture, and to reduce physical and mental strain.
Who should take Touch for Health workshops?
Touch for Health workshops are great for anyone who wants to improve their health and help others to do the same. Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology are helpful, but not necessary. Touch for Health complements, and can be used in conjunction with, many other healing modalities. Touch for Health is a modality in itself that balances the body’s muscles and organs and is effective for dealing with pain, posture and stress.
- Professionals: These workshops are ideal for Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Reflexologists, Physical and Occupational therapists, Chiropractors, Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, Coaches, Herbalists, Nutritionists, Doulas, EFT Practitioners, Naturopaths, lay people and more. Read information on CE credits for health professionals here.
- Parents: Dr. Thie wrote the curriculum with both the professional and layperson in mind. His vision was that at least one person in every family know these techniques. Terri says, “As a parent raising my kids, Touch for Health was extremely practical and helpful for so many issue that came up daily. As a therapist, it’s been an invaluable tool for enhancing my practice.”
The complete Touch for Health Synthesis is comprised of 64 hours divided into two comprehensive workshops that are 4 days long each. After completing the first 4 day workshop, the practitioner can immediately start using these skills effectively.
What You Will Learn:
- How to assess and balance the body’s energy system through quality muscle testing.
- Meridian/muscle correlations and make sense of why some muscles are problematic.
- How to instantly strengthen weak muscles resulting from compensations.
- Specific skills to identify and release emotional stress from the body.
- Nutritional correlations for specific muscles and how to identify foods that trigger negative reactions.
- Several correction techniques that include working with opposing muscles.
- The Chinese Five Elements Theory and how it applies to balancing muscles.
- How to release stress from the body using sound, color and movement.
- Work in a gentle, non invasive way on clients fully clothed. Use powerful techniques that get deep, long lasting results.
- Unlock muscle memory from past injuries in one session.
- Learn simple reflex skills you can teach your clients to do on themselves.
- Release muscle cramps and tight neck muscles in a matter of seconds.
- Integrate meridian-based techniques to alleviate acute and chronic pain quickly.
- Learn skills you can use on yourself daily to enhance focus, memory and brain integration.
Workshops Northeast Healing Arts Offers
Intro to Touch for Health: 4 Hours / Offers 4 CE’s
Ideal for the individual wanting to get a feel for what Touch for Health is before registering for a longer workshop. In this four-hour workshop you will be introduced to Muscle Testing Basics, three Pain Relief Techniques and Introduction to the Chinese Meridian System.
Also included is Cross Crawl Integration: a method to reduce neurological disorganization.
Read more about it here.
Touch for Health Levels 1 – 4: 16 Hours / 16 CE’s Per Level
Earn 16 CE’s and discover how to improve posture and flexibility, enhance energy levels, regulate emotions affecting the body, muscle test accurately, trace meridians and balance auricular energy. You’ll even learn effective methods to determine food sensitivities! Touch for Health will help you achieve deep, long-lasting results with less effort than traditional means.
Read about the techniques here.
The Complete Touch for Health Synthesis
Touch for Health’s complete training is 64 hours, and includes 4 levels. 2 levels are usually taught at a time. There are many layers to this modality. A student can go as deep as they want. Training is based on Dr. John Thie’s book, Touch for Health: The Complete Edition, which outlines a holistic approach for balancing the body’s energy system.
Dr. Thie’s vision was to have one person in every family who could use Touch for Health. His book and courses have been taught in over 60 countries and translated into many languages. To the delight of his students, the material is user-friendly for the layperson and professional alike.